We’ve done all the work for you! Take a look what the Restore team is reading and our top picks for 2017. We’ve included everything from leadership and team building to justice and philanthropy. We hope you enjoy a few of these in the coming year.
1. Finding Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
2. Overrated: Are We More in Love with the Idea of Changing the World Than Actually Changing the World by Eugene Cho
3. The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
4. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
5. The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton
6. The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate the Three Essential Virtues by Patrick M. Lencioni
7. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
8. The Locust Effect: Why the End of Poverty Requires the End of Violence by Gary Haugen
9. Visions of Vocation by Steve Garber
10. Evil Men by James Dawes
11. The Generosity Network by Jennifer McCrea and Jeffrey C. Walker
12. The Scars That Have Shaped Me: How God Meets Us in Suffering by Vaneetha Rendall Risner
13. The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective by Richard Rohr
14. Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
15. Okay For Now by Gary D. Schmidt
16. On the Threshold of Hope by Diane Langberg
17. The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero
18. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
19. New Morning Mercies by Paul Tripp
20. Why We Can’t Wait by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
*Fun fact: If you purchase these books through Amazon Smile, a percentage of the proceeds supports our work at Restore. Simply select Restore NYC as the beneficiary.